There is much to do in and around the Killermont area of Bearsden, indeed this is one of its attractions when raising a family.
Here are some examples of facilities or places in or near to Killermont:
- Shops of all kinds, from an “award-winning” minimarket next door, to large supermarket, chemist and other outlets only a few minutes away.
- Primary and Secondary Schools (that’s our beloved Killermont Primary School in the photo above, as it was in 2001)
- Various Small Business premises
- Medical Centre on Milngavie Road at Kessington, with several Dentists also close by.
- Excellent local Park and Children’s Play Areas, thanks to the Killermont Parks Development Group.
- Several Property & Estate Agents
- All kinds of food takeaways
- Restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance
- Places of Historical Interest, such as the Antonine Wall World Heritage Site
- Hotels, self-catering cottages and other visitor facilities
- Fitness Clubs, Sports Centre, Golf, Bowling, Tennis, a Ski Club
- At Bardowie Loch, only a short distance away, water sports, including the Clyde Cruising Club Dingy Section
- And an exciting new activity just getting under way in 2013: Open Water Swimming under the auspices of NOWCA
See the “Location” page for a map showing where some of the above are in relation to Killermont Parish Church.
Killermont surely has something for everyone, for which we are eternally grateful and regularly give thanks.
And sometimes unusual things happen, like this event on 10th November 2009, at Kessington Shops, Milngavie Road.
By March 2013, this video had been viewed over 1,850 times.
We would be happy to feature your video if it’s suitable and you send us the YouTube link.